Not only humans can utilize this amazing oil, animals such as dogs and cats can too.
I’ve comprised a list of some of the amazing ways to use coconut oil for your pets.
- Makes coats soft and glossy and deodorizes at the same time
- Great for skin conditions such as itchy skin and dermatitis
- Heals wounds and disinfects cuts
- Improves digestion
- Helps alleviate allergies
- Antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial to fight off diseases
- Reduces bad breath
- Balances insulin levels
- Helps boost metabolism
- Help control diabetes
- Natural repellant for fleas and ticks
That’s great but how do I give it to my pet?
I recommend putting the oil in their food as it will be difficult to get them to swallow it otherwise.
For small dogs ½ teaspoon and work your way up to a full tablespoon in a couple of weeks
For medium to large dogs you should start with a teaspoon and work up to 1.5 – 2 tablespoons within 2 weeks
For Kittens: ¼ teaspoon working your way up to 1 teaspoon over 1 – 2 weeks
For full-size cats: ½ teaspoon to start working up to 2 teaspoons over 1 – 2 weeks.
Mix in food and serve once daily.
Coconut oil isn’t just for humans!
For more information watch this informative video.
As always – Leave comments below on how coconut oil has helped your pets. If you have any questions, ask away!